Monday, September 2, 2013

Lawrence KS: Fem! Dean Winchester Cosplay

My sisters happened to be going to a summer camp in Lawrence, Kansas (!) the week that I returned, and so that weekend we drove out to meet them there. Obviously, we couldn't pass Lawrence by without breaking out some Supernatural cosplay.


My youngest sister Elizabeth portrayed Castiel, an Angel of the Lord, I portrayed a female version of Dean Winchester, while my sister Lydia portrayed Sam Winchester.

 Sam picks the lock, while Dean and Cas stand watch.

"This case look like one of ours?"

We also wanted to take some cosplay pictures at a local toy store, so we walked across the street. As we passed the pizza place next to the toy store, we heard a familiar sound- "Carry on Wayward Son" by Kansas was playing inside!
Clearly, we were in the right place to cosplay Supernatural. Or, alternately, that we were bound for trouble, which would ultimately culminate in a bloody final battle. We weren't sure which.



Dean finds some miniature classic cars, though, sadly, no '67 Impalas.

 Meanwhile, Sam checks out the chess sets. Cas skulks behind the glass case.


Cas examines a fighter jet.
In the bookstore, everyone looks at books.


Cas doesn't realize that it is somewhat creepy to stare over someone's shoulder.


Team Free Will finally gets nametags.

Great photoshoot, guys! I had a lot of fun, and I hope that you did too.

4 comments:

  1. Really cool costumes! :D They look really accurate and it's really cool you got to dress up in Lawrence Kansas like that :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a writer? Cool shoes. Me, too (kinda, sorta). I know for a fact, however, you gotta whole lotta intelligence behind those two ears, girl; thus, I wanna give you my finite existence: to intrinsically value the Great Beyond which I’ve learned to appreciate, to visualize the fundamental reality of infinity is why I‘m here for a teeny-weeny amount of time. Looky here...

    Precisely why I had our ‘philanthropic + epiphany’ (=so much to give + vision): wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most juvenile-lip-service, ultra-groovy, picturesque-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-some-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal enveloping, engulfing our catch-22-excitotoxins. Cya soon, girl…

    ReplyDelete