Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cambridge Day 13 (Friday, July 19) Farewell to Cambridge, Back to London

Friday was the last day of class, and also my last day in Cambridge. During the lunch break I printed boarding passes and packed up my stuff, so I could be ready to leave for my hostel in the afternoon. After lunch, we met in the next-door pub, the Pickerel, to wrap up all the loose ends from class.



Then, we roamed the town, picking up a few last-minute souvenirs.

 I picked up this lovely beret, which I'd been eying ever since our third day in Cambridge.


Then after saying my goodbyes, I turned in my room key and bid farewell to Magdalene College.



I took a taxi to the train station, where I boarded a train bound for London.


I arrived at Platform 8, so of course I had to find Platform 9 3/4s. 







At King's Cross Tube Station, I found a commemorative tiled art display for the Tube's 150th anniversary.



I took the Tube to Earl's Court Station, where I found a police box which was the bluest blue ever.
Then I was on my way to my hostel, YHA London Earl's Court.
I checked in with no trouble, dropped off my stuff, and grabbed dinner and breakfast for the next day at a Mark and Spencer's down the road.




I ate in the hostel's sizable garden, which sported picnc tables and several lovely trees.



I turned in early, for I was to leave early the next morning on the Tube, bound for Heathrow Airport.

1 comment: