Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cambridge day 2: first day of class and punting

Today, I got up at around 8 and walked to Cripps Court to have breakfast. Class started at 9:30, but I was one of the first ones in the room. We discussed the acceptance of patterns by human beings, and the status that Darwin would have held as a gentleman philosopher, as science was not a widely accepted profession of the time.


After morning class, I went with Carlie into town, where we intended to visit the Fitzwlliam museum. It was closed..


but we found the open airmarket and shops to occupy us.













We visited the oldest church in Cambridge.


 We got free samples of fudge.





After the second half of the class, we went in seach of a cheese shop and chocolate.




Then we got curry from a small shop.


After dinner, we went punting!




I was afraid of tipping the punt so I didn't stand.


Instead I rowed.






After punting I had tea and then went to bed, much exhausted.




No comments:

Post a Comment