Sunday, March 3, 2013

lying moment

floating luminescent orb
of the moon
dances outside my window

for only a moment
it is there
captured through the red

velvet curtains of skin
that are my eyelids
I open them

and the afterimage glimmers still
I hurry down-stairs
opening the front door

 to find the glow of a streetlamp
its bulb fluttering with moths
as they press their wings

(scent of their burning
filling the night air)
to its hot surface

trying to find something
warm to hold

and I go back into the house
and draw my red curtains

and try to find again
that lying moment

5 comments:

  1. to find the glow of a streetlamp
    its bulb fluttering with moths
    as they press their wings

    I love this - drawn by light, drawn to that moment. Really enjoyed this poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lying moment of pure light is always worth the wait..so uplifting to read your thoughtful expansive writing again..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the scent of crackled burnt moths..
    'that lying moment' is interesting..in terms of not being real, returning to a dream perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. moments scattered here and there, let's gather em all...

    ReplyDelete