Wednesday, November 28, 2012

spillling water at lunchtime

image source


glass spins, winning
unseen fight

a careless hand
a busy mind
and body got ahead

of thought.
thumb stuck out too far
and now a flood

envelops tabletop
whispering over edge
to create waterfall

in miniature
that manages (despite its size)
to sweep down to soak

my shoes as i choke
on the sip i took
in my rush to halt the flow

with hands that drip
sievelike, yet still try to push
the water back into the cup

a futile endeavor
to hold back a flood
with flesh and bone

water runs
through my fingers
defying  my attempts

as it always does.

2 comments:

  1. Great poem! :) It reminds me of water's powerful nature and how it is patient which makes me think of "Waters of Mars"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The disconnect between body and mind is perfectly captured here..when disorder prevails our hands are indeed not enough to change what is..only to create what will be..jae

    ReplyDelete