Sunday, September 30, 2012

Liebster Award

I was recently tagged for the Liebster Award by Laura Morrigan over at Roses and Vellum. Here are my answers to the questions!

1. What book, movie or real life person most influences or inspires you? How?

Depending on what is going on in my life currently, my inspiration varies. Right now, it's Lirael, a Third Assistant Librarian, from Garth Nix's Old Kingdom series. She has a lot of trouble finding her place in the world, but her response is usually to find solace in study.
 
2. What is your favourite wild animal? (Not dog, cat, etc.) and why.

 




My favourite wild animal would have to be a white Bengal tiger, not only because they are simultaneously beautiful and dangerous, a balance that fascinates me, their coloration arises from a mutant condition that's so rare that only one in 15,000 Bengal tigers born in the wild will be white.

3. If you had to choose between not sleeping ever again or not using the internet ever again (not even for research, email or assignments) which would you choose?



I would probably choose never to use the internet again...if you don't sleep, you can't dream, and that's one thing in which the internet is singularly unhelpful. And after all, I've got the library and regular mail!

4. What is your favourite outfit? Put a picture here or describe it.

 


Currently, my favourite outfit consists of a black draped top, a white linen skirt with thin black stripes, roses embroidered on the hem, and a black lace underskirt with black sandals. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of myself in it! 

5. What is the best book you ever read and why?

 


This question is probably the hardest one here, because I love many books. If I had to pick one, it would be either The Lord of the Rings and The Complete Works of T.S. Eliot, because they have marked my life and writing in ways that no other book has.  

6. If you could live in any era  (past and present only) what would it be and why?


I would choose to live in the 1920s, because then I could meet my favorite authors and get advice from them, while still enjoying most of the freedom I do today.

7. Do you have a hobby? What is it?



I love to write stories and poetry, and I try to get at least one chapter of my book and one poem written every week. I also love to play the violin.

8. Do you prefer skirts or pants?



I wear pants more often, just because they tend to be more versatile and  hard-wearing than skirts, and I do a lot of walking every day, so they fit my needs better, but I enjoy wearing skirts too.

9. You are given a ticket to go to one city in the world. Which one would it be and why?

 


I would go to London, because I'd love to visit the British museum, as well as visit the stomping-grounds of many of my favourite authors.

10. You fall down a hole in the pavement and end up in Wonderland. What do you do?

 

I'd go visit the Mad Hatter, and then go on a walk with my eyes wide open- in Wonderland, there are always new things to discover!

11. Who is your favourite blogger and why? (I don't expect you to say me :P I am interested in discovering interesting blogs!)

I enjoy reading many blogs, but my favorite would have to be Girls Underground.

I decided not to tag anyone, but to instead post a few of my favorite blogs to read:
 http://notebooksisters.blogspot.com/
 http://throughthesecretdoor.blogspot.com/
 http://www.anamardoll.com/


2 comments:

  1. You're the only person who chose sleeping over the net! I'd go for sleep too, how could I get by without afternoon naps? And I love my dreams, too!

    20s sounds like a good choice! Was Midnight in Paris around the 20s/30s? Seemed pretty awesome in that!

    I wish I could get a regular schedule going for my book! Once uni assignments are over, maybe!

    Good answers! Thanks for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes choosing dreams always irreplaceable..and loved your Wonderland answer..London awaits you..Jae

    ReplyDelete