Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sherlocked: or how I got obsessed with a show in less than a week

source

I admit it. I haven't been posting very much on this blog. There are a lot of explanations for why I have been so negligent. I have another blog I've been trying to keep up with (it is for school, after all), and I have a midterm this week, etc. Excuses, excuses... I know.

  But my favorite reason for why I've been so lax is because I have been Sherlocked. See, Stephen Moffat, the producer in charge of the last season of Doctor Who, has a side project: a miniseries that covers the adventures of one Sherlock Homes and his friend Dr. Watson.

The only catch that makes it so different from all the other adaptations of Sherlock Holmes out there is that it is set in the 21st century, most of the characters communicate by texting, and Sherlock is a highly-functioning sociopath. It's very true to the original Sherlock Holmes stories, and it is highly addictive. If you have seen it, you know exactly what I am talking about. If not, here is the trailer for season 1 (which, incidentally, is on Netflix, hint hint...). Enjoy!







2 comments:

  1. BBC Sherlock is a classic. Great acting, superb music and clever scripts make this a must watch for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete