Sunday, October 9, 2011

call to wander

it was a call to wander
 that roused me and made me walk
i traveled so far on muddy roads

and the new asphalt ones
but my feet never touched the ground.

I am half mad and half sane
you know this I'm sure 

the reason you never stopped me
was because you knew.

i walked so far
 my head in the sky
my feet in the air

you must have wondered
if i was ever coming back.

"Never' I said to you and you knew
(again) that i was lying

i walked so far
saw every mood of man

saw the monsters that lurk
under beds now awake and adult
but learned that even if the monsters live

that toads still nestle in their miry holes
 that the world keeps bearing its heavy load

and children still dream beautiful dreams 
in the early morning before the dew has melted.

i learned to dream beautiful dreams too
and when the savage sky
had nibbled holes in my face

i came back and gave you the best
of all the dreams that weighed down my pockets

and from them, you wove a basket as opalescent as dawn.


8 comments:

  1. i came back and gave you the best
    of all the dreams that weighed down my pockets

    and from them, you wove a basket as opalescent as dawn.

    very lovely.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know more about this brilliant person with 'their head in the sky'..you have given enough to draw us close..but like all good writers..what you didn't say is even more enticing..great write..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely imagery, wonderful write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning images you created by your selection of descriptive words to send our minds wondering at their meaning but entranced by their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous write! I enjoyed the vividness and boldness of it. Very well done!

    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/10/09/three-in-dreams/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poem seems to sum up the Writer, all writers, wandering far away sometimes, seeing and traveling far from those about that they wonder are we half mad. We always come back hopefully with something they can use and yet we always wander off again, don't we.

    I love the title of your blog, by the way.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  7. a most exquisite traveling dreamer... i think jaerose sed it best!!!!

    ReplyDelete