Sunday, April 17, 2011

on fearing the wind

i reach the hill 
a strong wind
blows
through the long grass
flattening it against
my bare toes
as if to say
"if i cannot crush you
pull you up by the roots
i will make you bow before me."


I clench my hands around
the slender frame of
my kite
for how can such
a frail design
hold strong-
especially in this
boisterous wind?


i let go of my fears
let go of my kite
let the eddying
wind
sink in its claws
but the kite flies high
red silk rampant
against the sky.

8 comments:

  1. What a thrill there is to kite flying. I remember well the nervous apprehension with a strong wind and if it would win this time and wrest the kite away. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful visuals! Letting go of fear in the eye of boisterous strength can bring great rewards! Well put!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an evocative poem. I really loved the way you embraced the fear and just did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. red silk rampant
    against the sky.


    That was a nice visual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a gift for creating delicate images for thoughts, feelings and actions which are brave and strong and feisty..the wind is a friend to you and your kite..Jae :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the heading into the face of fear and just letting go... and the red silk rampant against the sky. Nicely shared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the image of "read silk rampant" wonderful piece :)

    ReplyDelete