Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part one

When I went to the movie theater earlier today, I was prepared for the next installment of the Harry Potter movie series. I mentioned on the way there, "I hope that this movie is a good version of the first half of the book!"
And it did not disappoint.
Poster that was outside the movie theater
From the Ministry of Magic to Godric's Hollow, Harry, Ron and Hermione search for Horcruxes, the bewitched objects keeping Voldemort alive, and discover the mysterious and powerful Deathly Hallows. 
J. K. Rowling wrote the screenplay, which preserved the vital moments of the book, and the darkly foreboding tone. There's more of a pervading, immediate sense of danger than previous installments, and more violence. Several times, I jumped about two feet in the air, and pulled out my wand. This movie had many beautiful locations, such as clifftops, forests, and seashores, which add to the wildness of the entire film.
The Forest of Swinley, where Hermione, Harry, and Ron camp while on the run
Freshwater West, near Bill and Fleur's cottage
I went dressed as a character from the books, of course. 
Me as Tonks
The Deathly Hallows was my favorite title of the series, and this movie adaption stays true to the original book, even improving upon it in places. I thoroughly enjoyed this film, and can't wait for the next installment in July!



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to watch it! We're going to see it on Friday with our cousin for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete